The Georgia Budget and Policy Institute (GBPI) strives to be an anti-racist research and advocacy organization that advances lasting solutions to expand economic opportunity and well-being for all Georgians. We examine the state’s budget, taxes and public policies to provide thoughtful analysis and responsible solutions that address inequities in our state. We educate the public about complex issues confronting Georgia. We activate Georgians to call for policy solutions that put people first. Our aim is to inspire informed debate and decision-making, advancing our vision of a fair and inclusive Georgia where everyone can prosper.
The Graphic Design & Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for managing GBPI’s visual brand and digital properties, including social media accounts and websites for GBPI and GBPI-led coalitions. This full-time position enables GBPI to grow our digital footprint, expand our reach and ensure GBPI research translates to online audiences. The responsibilities of this position include designing research products, social media graphics, and other branded content; managing GBPI social media platforms; updating and maintaining the GBPI website as well as affiliated microsites; and working with related vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of those the Graphic Design & Digital Media Coordinator will be asked to perform:
- Graphic design and brand management
- Work closely with staff across the organization to ensure branded content is consistent, clean and easily understandable by GBPI’s core audiences, including advocates, lawmakers, the media and interested Georgians.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, design external-facing products consistent with GBPI’s brand guidelines, including research briefs and reports, fact sheets and more.
- Bring fresh design ideas for social media graphics to boost engagement across GBPI’s social media platforms.
- Social media strategy and management
- Manage social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Evaluate new, emerging and existing social media platforms to determine if GBPI should develop a presence.
- Coordinate with GBPI staff and/or partners for Facebook or Instagram Lives, takeovers and other creative content and provide sample content for key GBPI priorities.
- Evaluate posts and accounts to ensure continued growth and high-performing content.
- Website and other CMS management
- Manage GBPI website as well as affiliated microsites such as georgiaworkcredit.org to ensure new content is added and we are regularly evaluating evergreen content.
- Work with web vendor to ensure website is well-maintained, glitch-free and up-to-date.
- Support other GBPI web infrastructure, such as payment processors.
- Other Duties
- Provide technical assistance for social media or other help as needed to GBPI staff members, new hires and interns.
- Participate in various GBPI internal meetings, including those related to planning and program execution, staff development, partner support or other topics as they arise and as appropriate.
- Support the planning and execution of GBPI events, including Insights conference and Policy Forum among others.
- Actively participate in GBPI’s Racial and Ethnic Equity & Inclusion conversations and workshops and contribute to building a culture of racial equity at the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned related to the mission of GBPI.
- Understands and is committed to goals of racial and ethnic equity and inclusion.
- Able to synthesize complex information related to structural racism and potential policy solutions to share on social media.
- Committed to ensuring GBPI stock photos and other images reflect the diversity of Georgia.
- Demonstrates keen self-awareness and has done deep personal reflection on understanding oppression and privilege and how it has impacted their life.
Project & Workload Management
- Able to create increasingly complex project plans and multiple projects at once time.
- Breaks down a work task/project into process steps and executes them effectively.
- Able to meet both long-term and short-term deadlines.
- Consistently identifies, gathers, and applies relevant information to their work.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission of the organization as a whole and alignment with organizational values.
Communication & Interpersonal Savvy
- Uses effective written and oral communication with internal staff, teams and community served.
- Demonstrates empathy and listens carefully; encourages others to share their thoughts, especially in collaborative settings.
- Demonstrates awareness of the political and historical context surrounding GBPI’s work
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve work.
- Adapts effectively to changing policy and digital landscapes.
Education and Experience
At least three years working in social media and graphic design, or equivalent experience. Qualified applicants will know Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, and have worked previously with Content Management Systems (WordPress or similar). Ideal candidates will have photography and video editing skills, including experience with Adobe Premier and/or After Effects.
The Graphic Design & Digital Media Coordinator reports to the Director of Strategic Communications.
Salary range is mid to upper 60K, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability, retirement, generous vacation and sick leave and holiday schedules.
We are accepting applicants residing in metro Atlanta and Georgia and those relocating to Georgia by January 2022. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and a link to or PDF of your design portfolio to Caitlin Highland at email@example.com with subject line “Graphic Design & Digital Media Coordinator.”
GBPI is an equal opportunity employer, and as such takes affirmative action to ensure that discrimination does not occur on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.