|Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta||The Annie E. Casey Foundation
The Kendeda Fund
|Healthcare Georgia Foundation
United Way of Greater Atlanta
Georgia Alliance to End Homelessness
Sachin and Serene Varghese
|Center for Black Women’s Wellness
Essig Consulting LLC
Frank Family Foundation
Glenda and David Minkin
Georgians for a Healthy Future
|Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education
Harry Heiman and Abby Friedman
The Junior League of Atlanta, Inc.
Voices for Georgia’s Children
Insights is the Georgia Budget and Policy Institute’s signature annual event. In accordance with safety protocols and in effort to expand the reach of GBPI’s research, advocacy and outreach expertise, GBPI is proud to host Insights 2021 entirely free and online. Insights 2021 will feature two half-days of informative, engaging discussions as the 2021 Legislative Session gets underway.
Each year, Insights provides the most up-to-date budget and fiscal policy information through a briefing on just-released state budget proposals, salient speakers addressing pressing topics and an inspiring and thought-provoking Keynote Conversation. Insights is a must-attend event for policy advocates and decision makers at every level from across the state. Insights provides an important opportunity for individuals and organizations to build new and deepen existing relationships in our shared endeavor to build a fair and prosperous state.
GBPI is thrilled to invite you to join us as a sponsor for Insights 2021: Race, Resilience and Recovery
- The 2021 Insights Keynote Conversation will feature Dr. Dorian T. Warren and Dr. Valerie Rawlston Wilson.
- Dr. Dorian Warren is the president of Community Change, co-chair of the Economic Security Project and co-host of System Check. A progressive scholar, organizer and media personality, Dorian has worked to advance racial, economic and social justice for over two decades. Warren received his M.A. and Ph.D. in political science from Yale University. You can follow him on twitter at @dorianwarren.
- Dr. Valerie Rawlston Wilson is director of the Economic Policy Institute’s Program on Race, Ethnicity and the Economy (PREE), a nationally recognized source for expert reports and policy analyses on the economic condition of America’s people of color. Prior to joining EPI, Wilson was an economist and vice president of research at the National Urban League Washington Bureau. Wilson received her Ph.D. in Economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. You can follow her at @ValerieRWilson.
- Insights attracts more than 300 attendees who are passionate about a variety of policy issues in Georgia. It provides an opportunity for a timely and fact-based discussion of critical legislative initiatives. While COVID-19 may keep us from meeting in person, with your support we are confident we will expand our attendance exponentially and guarantee that the event remains free for anyone who would like to attend.
- Insights 2021 will feature content and speakers tackling complex and important conversations. With your support, audience members will leave with an understanding of the role each can play in paving a path forward for addressing racial inequities, especially in a post-COVID Georgia.
- Insights 2021 will include GBPI’s signature state budget analysis and outline bold ideas that leverage fiscal policies to expand opportunity and well-being for all Georgians. In addition, we will hear from state legislators and leaders offering insights into what’s next for Georgia.
To learn more about our sponsorship levels, please review our sponsorship package.