GBPI 10th Anniversary Possibility Gala
The Georgia Budget and Policy Institute is celebrating its 10th anniversary with an exceptional evening on Thursday, Oct. 2, 2014 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. Please join GBPI Supporters, Staff and Champions at the Possibility Gala at the Foundry at Puritan Mill in Atlanta.
Distinguished honorees include
- Jack Hardin – co-chair of the Regional Commission on Homelessness and a partner at Rogers-Hardin law firm.
- George Hooks – known as dean of the Georgia Senate before he retired in 2012. He chaired the senate’s Appropriations Committee from 1993 to 2003.
- Pat Puckett – executive director of the Statewide Independent Living Council, she is a champion for people with disabilities in Georgia. She is a founding GBPI board member.
- Sen. Charles Hufstetler (R-Rome) – courageous supporter of the expansion of health insurance coverage through the Medicaid program. He is an anesthesiologist at Redmond Regional Medical Center.
- Rep. Calvin Smyre (D-Columbus) – former chair of the House Rules Committee, served in the Georgia House of Representatives since 1975. He is an executive vice president with Synovus Financial Corp.
Thank you to our generous Hosts and Sponsors for making this evening possible.