Thank You for Participating in GBPI’s January Policy Conference!
GBPI’s 2016 policy conference, “Charting a Path: Ensuring Economic Opportunity for Georgia’s Families,” spotlighted ways to bring everyone along as the state emerges from its economic doldrums. PolicyLink CEO Angela Glover Blackwell was the headline speaker for the Georgia Budget and Policy Institute’s annual January conference held in conjunction with the convening of the state General Assembly. Attendees got the chance to engage with national and local experts on strategies to boost family income and improve family economic security through critical work support programs. The conference also explored the data behind our changing state and how structural barriers to mobility must be cleared away to create a Georgia where everyone prospers.
See photos from the conference on Facebook.
Watch PolicyLink’s video “Our Moment” on YouTube.
Download Presentations and Recordings
- Welcome Remarks from Taifa Smith Butler, GBPI executive director (MP3 audio)
- Legislative Session Preview from Tim Sweeney, GBPI deputy director of policy (MP3 audio)
- “The Changing Demographics of Georgia” from Mike Carnathan of Neighborhood Nexus (PDF presentation | MP3 audio)
- Panel: Making Work Pay – How to Boost Income for Ga. Families (MP3 audio)
- Panel: Increasing Economic Stability for Ga. Families (MP3 audio)
- Ray Bishop, Goodwill of North Georgia
- Barbara Duffy, North Fulton Community Charities
- DiShonda Hughes, Atlanta Women’s Foundation
- Melissa Johnson, GBPI
- Moderated by Tim Sweeney, GBPI
- Addressing Structural Barriers – A Local Perspective (MP3 audio)
- Alicia Philipp, Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta
- Janelle Williams, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Sam Zamarripa, Zamarripa Capital Inc.
- Moderated by Nathaniel Smith, Partnership for Southern Equity